I treat each instrument as a work of art, and craft it that way. No two ukuleles can be the exact same even when made from the same design and materials because each is individually made one at a time with hand tools. Even though it is an instrument to create sound, for the player it is a very tactile experience. Therefore I am to put a lot of emphasis on the feel of the neck.
Most of my instruments available for sale on my website are also listed on eBay.
I guarantee you will love your new ukulele. If for any reason you are not thrilled with it, you may return it within 14 days in like new condition, and I will refund your purchase price after verifying the condition. Buyer pays return shipping.
I have taken up lutherie after a career of self employment in the construction industry, and a side jaunt as a network engineer. It is the culmination of skills I have acquired over the years: building and woodworking, silversmithing, engineering, and cabinet finishing.
I strive to combine woods that look and sound good together, and try to make a variety of instruments for different budgets.
- Variety of back and side woods chosen for beauty and tone
- Inlaid rosette on most
- Wood bindings on the body of some, I make my own bindings
- Honduras Mahogany or Spanish Cedar neck
- Hand shaped neck and bridge.
- Fingerboard and bridge polished and oiled
- 14th fret soundboard connection on most
- Frets level and polished, fret ends dressed
- Mother of pearl or pua abalone dots
- Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish on most
- Through the body string attachment
- Spanish style neck construction, like a classical Spanish guitar
- Bone or Corian Nut and saddle