I treat each instrument as a work of art, and craft it that way. You can get a Hawaiian style hand crafted ukulele made in America at an affordable price. No two ukuleles can be the exact same even when made from the same design and materials because each is individually made one at a time with hand tools.
If you would like a custom made instrument with your preferred wood, please contact me for a quote and recommendations.
I guarantee you will love your new ukulele. If for any reason you are not thrilled with it, you may return it within 30 days in like new condition prepaid, and I will refund your purchase price after verifying the condition, less shipping cost.
Kelali is not a Hawaiian word, but stands for KEvin’s LAte LIfe ukuleles. I have taken up lutherie after a career of self employment in the construction industry, and a side jaunt as a network engineer. It is the culmination of skills I have acquired over the years: building and woodworking, silversmithing, engineering, and cabinet finishing.
I strive to combine woods that look and sound good together, and try to make a variety of instruments for different budgets.
- Variety of back and sides chosen for beauty and tone
- Soft wood soundboards feature rosette, Koa does not
- Honduras Mahogany and occasionally Cedar neck.
- Hand carved neck and bridge.
- Fingerboard and bridge polished and waxed or oiled
- 14th fret soundboard connection
- Frets level and polished, fret ends dressed
- Mother of pearl fret or pua abalone dots
- Grover Sta Tite open gear tuners
- Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish on most
- Through body string attachment
- Spanish heel neck construction
- Corian Nut and saddle, and occasionally ebony
Fiddleback Maple and Curly Redwood top